Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Train

I had a dream last night, it started out with me and three other friends, we were laughing and playing together in the hallways of some place, and then we went to catch a train. We went to an underground station and there it happened, what always happened in the news happened in front of me. There was much commotion- a guy was getting run over by the train that was incoming. I clutched one of my friends desperately, not sure for whose benefit. I hugged him tightly through it all, as if my hug would erase the fact of the mutilated body that was brought out from the tracks. People came, they started dragging the train station- what? Yes! 

They started pushing the "set up " of the underground revealing a garden behind it. It was unnerving, the sudden transition from below ground to above the ground. As the train pull away, lying on the sides of the train were people looking for free mode of transportation at the risk of great danger. That was how the accident happened, the dude fell off and got ran over by the train. 

Next I found myself boarding a train, and at this point I don't know if I'm in the same dream as my friends had disappeared. 

The train was organised like a bus, seats faced the direction of travel, there were multiple rows. 

I knew these people on the train. 
Aren't they the FS people?
I stared stonily ahead, by I was secretly watching. Conversations went by me easily, I wasn't interested. 
I saw you look back. Look at me. Leave your seat. 

Is this what a train experience is like? 

No comments:

Post a Comment