Gwen invited me to watched the play "Fat Pig" with her, she later told me how she chose this play to analyse as she thought she might relate to it.
Well. Today i got called fat, for the how many-eth time I've lost count. It doesn't really affect me that much anymore. But it still.. nudges, if you must. In comparison to stings, or hurts.
A reminder of the judgement heaped upon me and I society.
What annoyed me what the context. He was talking to my brother, saying "you should keep long hair (to look bigger, my brother is very skinny). See your sister, your sister fat ma, and I heard from somewhere that short hair makes you look slimmer ."
The audacity!! YOU DO NOT DICTATE WHY I CUT MY HAIR!!??!!? I DID NOT CUT IT TO FIT YOUR ABSURD REASONING OF LOOKING SLIMMER, ugh so offended!!!
And also, I don't think short hair makes one look slimmer. So if you correlated me with short hair to being slimmer, I probably did. So there. Hate it when people decide for me my intentions. The other day a girl asked where I do meet ups for a sale, I told her Haw Par Villa or Harbour Front. She replied "paya lebaf". No question mark, no asking if I live there, no correct spelling. Affronted okay, you don't negotiate MY GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION okay!??? End. Fat Pig was a good show, it was funny, a little dramatic, not that thought provoking, and relaxing.
I liked it well enough.
Sunday, March 2, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment