A heart grows weary, it is tired, and also afraid.
How can the heart be independent of the mind? How can the soul be independent of the self?
...
I have been experiencing fluctuations in this period of high stress and low motivation, I'm not sure what these fluctuations are related to.
*chants* Correlation does not mean causation!
One thing that hasn't changed though-distance. I'm always, always the same distance apart from the people-my people. People in my life. Always on my mind, always far from me, always never too far away.
J made me realized I haven't really say still in my free time. Since before uni started, the summers, the winters, even some recess weeks, I take off.
Before uni started,
2011 July - Sichuan, China
2011 Dec (winter) - Hanoi, Vietnam
2012 March (recess) - Malacca, Malaysia
2012 May (summer) - Krabi, Thailand
2012 Sept (recess) - Penang, Malaysia
2012 Dec (winter) - Malacca, KL, Malaysia
2013 June-July (summer) - around Thailand
2013 July (summer) - Penang
2013 Sept (mid-term) - Nadi, Keyasi, Fiji Islands
2013 Dec (winter) - Chiang Mai, Mae Hon Son, Bangkok, Thailand
2014 Feb (recess) - KL
to come,
2014 May (summer) - Bangkok
2014 June-July (summer) - Canberra, Cairns, Melbourne?, Australia
I don't go far, I never intend to go far. I just want to go away. I like 'travelling'not to quell some wanderlust thing, but to get out of Singapore, to put some distance between myself and.. my life I guess.
But that said, I'm looking forward to Oz!!
I cannot wait to start doing fieldwork, and I can hope hope hope to understand what is taught! I got rejected for SEP, so ANU is a blessing for me.
I never, never, never considered an Australian uni. It was always Europe haha like I applied for Czech Republic and Denmark for summer as well, but ANU was offering such an appealing module, plus a chance to see The Great Barrier Reef, *swoons*
Really hope to be able to get out and visit Australia and move around though.
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment