Friday, December 19, 2014

Falling

I think I'm more afraid of failing, than most things. As it goes, most fears are irrational.
This fear of failure keeps me from doing many things, from starting in the first place.
From making friends, maintaining friendships, initiating conversation, climbing, making effort, etc. I fear I can't be a good daughter, so I stop trying to be one all together. I can't climb well, so I stop training, trying. People may not like me, as it so happens. So I don't approach them. May not like the things I say, so I shut up.
There's more success in ambiguity than the more definitive failure, is there not?
I mean, you'd never know, I may have been the most enchanting person s/he'd ever met, and 'may have been' is a quieter triumph than 'outrageously boring'.

"what if I fall?"
"oh my dear, but what if you fly?"

Blah blah
"failure is the key to success"

Blah blah
"if you never try you'd never know"

I think I can live with what ifs and not knowing. I'm that person who'd never be 'succussful' yeah, but really, who's the winner here?

No comments:

Post a Comment