Friday, November 6, 2015

A short walk

I walk along the stretch of road from my class to the MRT. it usually takes me about 20 mins to complete the walk.
I walk, instead of the taking the bus.
I feel fine. A little less energetic than usual, but fine.

I am thinking about nothing in particular, except - a peculiar feeling is coming over me.

Something's not right.

It begins in the chest.
As if a long, thin finger is creeping up and making something in me feel unsettled.
My chest feels... heavy.
My head tells me something is wrong. "yes, but what?", I ask. She doesn't know.

The feeling spreads.
I keep my pace.

It's at my shoulders now. I cannot help but mentally sag my shoulders. It feels so tired.
My brows furrow on their own. My eyes water. My mind tells me that these are signs that I feel sad. "yes, but why?", I ask. She doesn't know.

It now feels like the fingers have a hold on my heart. It gives it a little squeeze.
I feel it in the pit of my stomach. It feels uneasy. It feels like it is full of something that oughtn't be there.
I can feel the sensation spread to my legs.
"don't," I command it. "don't stop", I tell my legs instead.
They don't, but they slow down.
They slow down.

A few things happen simultaneously.
They slow down.
I think of what might be the cause of this unsettlement. Was it the dream I had just this morning? Was it the message I just received? Was it the reconsideration of my job? What was it? I cannot point to any particular cause.
The water in my eyes threaten to spill.
My mind races, telling my body not to react since there's nothing to react to.
"Just another 100m to the station where it is bright", I tell the feeling. "go away"

"go away"

No comments:

Post a Comment