Finally home.
Today was a day of bittersweet goodbyes.
Yesterday, 7th May (today is still 8th May because the day is not over till I sleep), was the last day of my examinations as a Year 3 Geography student. It also signalled the completion of my second minor, Gender Studies with the module SC3219, Sexuality in Comparative Perspective.
The time will soon come for me to decide if I want to pursue a treacherous year ahead with thesis, or not, with 3 level 4 modules in place.
I was supposed to go for dinner with you near my place after our last paper, but you accompanied me to chompz with MK and Con instead, and I decided, why not just stay over one last night? I never got a proper night since exams and my sleepless nights habit. One last night worry-free would be a perfect close.
Last night I went to bed feeling awfully heavy; it was my last night of the semester with you in this room.
All the minutes I had with you were so precious, including the time I had with you while we were doing our own individual things. You besides me in my individual pursuit of leisure is pleasant. Now as I am typing this in silence, in your absence, I hear the clock ticking away second by second, there is no one to turn to to stare at, to poke, to admire.
This morning I woke late in a long while (3 weeks? Haha whoa it has been 3 weeks since school's let out), and I spent the day lazily and slow in the same room as you, mostly.
Until I had to leave for the farewell for Prof Terry. It was goodbye to a prof I'd taken the most modules under, significant because well, I rarely repeat profs.
*private disgression*
Hmm well,
3 modules - Terry (T&C, weather climate, Fiji)
1.5 - Pow (cities, 0.5 methods), Gillen (tourism, 0.5 methods), Thompson (0.5 gender, sexuality)
1.3 - Z (FS, 0.3 thesis), Neo (nat soc, 0.3 cls), Lee (atmosphere, 0.3 planet earth)
Yeah even those profs I've taken under 2 separate modules they shared it with others, those with the 0.3 is shared between 3 profs.
*ends digression*
So it was sad to see him go, especially with the reason he's leaving since he's a good prof.
Then when I came back, it was pretty final. My things were packed, I was never going to return as a resident, but just to clear out my final things, and live the experience just a little while longer.
I will miss the room. I will miss the experiences within the room. I will running to the toilet and hiding and being sneaky and not belonging. I miss the pillow.
I miss you.
Friday, May 9, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment