I dumped a fair bit of things, but it filled only one plastic bag. Well, it was a plastic bag with memories worth truckloads, so that bag has a heavy burden to bear.
It started with the green bottle. Previously I hid all my stuff in my wardrobe, but when I cleared that out I dumped certain stuff on my floor haha, but I have come to think that these things may have meant something to me last time, but not anymore.
"Regrets collect like old friends- Florence and the Machine
I can never leave the past behind
I'm always dragging that horse around
Tonight I'm going to bury that horse in the ground
It's hard to dance with the devil on your back
So shake him off"
Not saying things hold bad memories, not at all. But I am perfectly capable of holding on to memories without the help of monumental things to commemorate events. Some things though, in fact many many things, i refuse to throw. Things in my present, things that I want to look at again, things that transport me to places when I read / look at it, etc.
The things I threw
1) linguine A-jays, my first ever pair costly of earphones which were a gift, but was also free. Served me well, and got my hooked onto flat wire for a while.
2) pink, dog, picked up, a gift.
3) plaster container. I was into crafts long ago, and this was plaster into a mould, painted by me. Haha it held many things, like earrings and.... a **** (not necessarily four letters.)
4) necklace. First ever purchase from a flea market
5) sec 1 character education
6) key wallet bought from China in sec 2
7) two relatively expensive disposable cameras I used fully in the aforementioned China trip (Shenyang) which I never developed.
8) farewell letter of encouragement by my ma'ams in guides
9) pink camera key chain, birthday gift. Pretty, but I don't like pink anymore.
10) earring stand by mother, when I was into earrings. Birthday gift?
11) bottle which started the throwing spree. Kept the drawing inside though, but bottle took too much space.
12) phone straps I used to wear all the time around my neck. We had matchy phone straps. Dirty now, ew.
13) hello kitty eye mask, a BU gift.
14) pink Australia pencil case from 2006, a staple on my table. Held every nonsense possible. Gone. And with it, a little part of you too, since you got it for me.
15) pink, again. Lotion, from Sheares orientation.
16) birthday gift. Changing colours of a pig. 2009?
17) pencil case again, held many nonsense. Dirty as shit. But iconic to my table.
18) useless display pot thing. Pretty when clean though.
I cannot stand all the display items I'm tempted to throw all of it away. Tempted to throw my drawers away too. But sigh I guess I'll do it little by little, the easiest things to go first.
Really tired right now, but need to be up early leh how. Need to do stock, to do proposal.. Hungerzzzz too. Just took two pills, and anyone who knows me knows I cannot take pills. What are they for?
i actually made the backgrounds happy colours to feel less sad but doesn't work la. I don't feel sad in the first place haha.



No comments:
Post a Comment