Friday, September 19, 2014

Look at the stars, look how they shine for you

Day 2 of cambodia:


Met with the Khmer buddies in Royal Uni of Phnom Penh, had lunch, travelled to Kompong (not a typo la) Chhnang and stayed at a guesthouse. 


Went out to explore a bit, fell into a drain knee-deep, just nice the size of my feet but a little wider, as I was keeping something in my bag and not looking at the path. Fell onto the dust, right by the road, scrambling to get up before a motorcycle rolls over me. 

I was fine, with minor scratches. 

Thank God I didn't sprain my ankle, it was completely fine, didn't twist it at all, just fell straight down. 


Came back, had dinner awkwardly late and wedged between Khmer people, until the last part where we talked a bit. 


Had an amazing star-gazing sesh even with minor light pollution / cloudy night. Stars aren't as bright as they could have been, like that amazingly intense night in the rainforest lodge at Lake Echam in Atherton Tablelands, but learnt a lot from Meng, and talked started talking to Ben. For a really really long time, at least an hour and more and found out what a fascinating person he was haha. 


Well it's a little after midnight and I guess I should shower and sleep. Not very prepared for what's to come tomorrow but.... We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment