Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Frozen hash and blowing another figurative candle


Birthday is just another date on the calendar.
A birthdate points to the day in the year where an event happened many years ago, and in my case, when I was born that many years ago.
It is nothing special, except you get to call it "your day" and bend people's actions to your will, and receive good wishes simply for existing.

I would have loved to spend my birthday with the people I love the most.
But I woke too late to be around with The Mother, and I won't be back early enough to see her before she calls an end to the day.
I wanted to spend lunch with The L.bro but I forgot I was meeting someone else for a sale.

What The sweetest L.bro did though, was make breakfast for me.
The sweetest thing ever.
Frying one egg, frozen hash browns I bought, and a frank for my breakfast.
It's more than anything I ever asked for, and tbh it all tasted like fucking shit but I would have this over... cugini for example, with..? people I cared for but never cared for me in return, any day.

I need to learn how to choose my friends.
There're only so many people I can keep giving to and not receiving, but they've been my friends long enough for me to know that that's just how they work, and I know they care for me.
Or I want to believe that la.

Ironically I'll be spending my birthday with the only two people who are just that - the type I rarely see unless I approach them.

??maybe I'm getting too old to be able to have a choice.
But then again if I had a choice, these are the friends I'd keep. Simply cuz.. they don't ask a lot from me. I guess. I'm so tired.

It's just another day, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment