Something I've been dreaming about finally happened.
I imagined how it would have gone - we'd exchange more than a smile and a hi. We'd have a conversation, we'd catch up.
But we didn't.
I saw you laughing with others, right after I had submitted my thesis. I had already been feeling so light, so light.
Then I began to grow very.. unsettled. The flutters you get when you're going to face a major exam, or a performance.
But all of us had the same feelings, might it have been the unburdening of a weight? Or was it catching the sight of you?
I can't believe you're here.
I can't believe you passed by me.
Or that you caught my eye and smiled at me.
I smiled back. I was so happy to see you. But then I had to look away. I had to stop looking. Then you left. And I never saw you again.
We didn't speak, but I'm so glad you didn't ignore me. I'm so glad you're back. I hope you're okay. I hope I'm okay.
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment